family pic

family pic

Saturday, March 19, 2011

10 Minute Zesty Salsa

We had tacos for supper on Monday and I didn't want to waste the fresh cilantro that was leftover. So I decided to make this SUPER easy salsa that I had found the recipe for during Brandt's pregnancy... Our family doesn't like big chunks of tomatoes so I dump them in the blender and give it a whirl.. Then I add the rest of the ingredients. I don't measure my fresh stuff, just kinda eyeball it and add an extra clove of garlic! It is so yummy, but beware it goes fast so you might want to make extra!




Start with all your yummy ingredients... Take a can of Rotel and either put it through the blender or just dump them into a bowl.


Add your fresh veggies

mince some garlic

 
Add some olive oil, salt and peppper


yumminess!! Stir it altogether

Then dip away!



10 Minute Zesty Salsa

1 (10 oz) can Rotel, diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 TBSP seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
1 TBSP chopped onion
1 TBSP minced fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 TBSP olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Tortilla chips

In a small bowl combine all the ingredients except chips. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips! Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is that in the Stenersen Cookbook? It looks familiar for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is Ronda, tho it's in the canning section.. It really should be under appetizers.. I think it's a yummy salsa!

    ReplyDelete