family pic

family pic

Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Organized...

...or trying to!! I had found another plan on here that I have been wanting to do.  For Mother's Day I got a gift card that I used to buy the lumber (among other things) and we got it done. Last week I finally finished getting the last little details finished. So here it is!!

Before!!
I had a wicker basket for shoes in the "front room"/entry area. BUT with kids growing, getting bigger shoes, and the basket falling apart we always had a mess of shoes everywhere!! As you can clearly see.
So I decided I wanted to do something about it and the following is what I came up with:

AFTER!!!
I am so pleased with how it turned out, how about you?
The original plan only had three cubbies, but I wanted one for each of the boys. (Kirsten has her own basket in her room) Tim ended up with a cubby and Konner just shares as his shoes are so little! :)

The shoe boxes made with pallet wood. Pretty cheap and easy to build. The handles are made from rope from Lowes..

This sign I made with pallet wood and the knobs I picked up from Hobby Lobby waaaay back in February before life changed... I had this idea in my head since then too..

The pillows are the only thing I/we didn't make. These are from TJMaxx.They add some color and are comfy to sit/lay on while watching a movie or playing video games... I am so happy with how this project turned out!!  And of course I still have more projects/reorganizing I want to do.. Someday!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks REALLY good! AND organized =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I need some sort of shoe box for our entry way... we just use a plastic container now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post?? Anyways it looks awesome! Good job folks! :D

    ReplyDelete