family pic

family pic

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cruise Alaska (Part 6 and Final) Marriage Retreat

So, how did we get on a marriage retreat cruise?? Well we had plans of going on an Alaskan cruise, but then hubby started getting cold feet after reading about the partying etc that goes on on cruises. (Which in all honesty, you can just stay away from those areas that that crowd hangs out in) Anyhoo, one Sunday morning my sister text me the link to the Robertson Marriage Retreat. They were going to Alaska from Seattle July 25th.. That was around the time we were looking as our anniversary is the 20th!! I forwarded the text to hubby and he checked it out, then was like, if we're going I'd rather go on something like this as it would draw a better crowd. (There ended up being about 250 total in our group) I was kind of surprised as he grew up hearing horror stories of "marriage retreats". After looking in to it we found out that you were not required to do anything with the retreat, Al and Lisa really just wanted to give you a chance to explore Alaska with your spouse. The sessions were just an added bonus!! So after discussing and much prayer we decided to jump in and DO it!! So we did!
With Al and Lisa

And John and Paula

The gifts we got..

The first day was just registering with the retreat and then meeting our dinner partners for the cruise that night at dinner.. Every day after that there were sessions about different things in marriage. We listened to many testimonies of different couples through some hard things. We actually only missed one session which was Friday as we were just getting back from our excursion in Skagway and it had already started. To me it was like church all week and I really felt the Holy Spirit there. We all came from different backgrounds and churches, but we all had that same bond of Jesus Christ. We were a family and I enjoyed it! We even had communion on the ship!!

Ahhh... coffee


I'm sure if you are fans of Duck Dynasty then you recognize these people. Sure, they are famous people, but that's just it. They are still people! After listening to them and watching them for a week you know this and it was great! Sure it's cool to meet them, but what was really cool was to see their love for their spouse (I have to say seeing Godwin's love for Paula was too cute!!) and to see and feel their love for God!! They are the real deal!!


With Miss Kay after one of the sessions


After our last dinner on the Carnival Legend
We also made some new friends at dinner! I'm still amazed at how well we hit it off and that we made such good friends. I pray we can stay that way!!


With our new friends: Keith and Annette ( 2 of the most godly people I've met, just love them!) next to Tim, Lynn and Angela next to me.. So glad for new friends!

Two of our 3 party waitstaff we had at dinner every night! Rogimel our headwaiter and Annie!! They were very friendly and remember your preferences. Tim ordered a coffee the first night, then every night after that they brought out his coffee!!

So if you ever thought about maybe doing a marriage retreat, but worried about what it required of you, I highly recommend going with these guys!! In fact they are doing another one next September to Cozumel! You can find more info about it HERE!!
I'm so thankful we took the plunge and joined this group!!



Now that I finally finished blogging about our cruise I'm not sure how often I'll be on! :p

2 comments: