family pic

family pic

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dining Room Set Redo

Being a family of 8 and having a dining room table with only 6 chairs was a bit of a problem.. Unless of course we are like a good many people nowadays and don't eat together.. BUT we aren't, we sit down to supper together every evening. So the seating situation wasn't working well even though Konner sits in a highchair.. We still were missing one seat! After learning about this website I had all kinds of fun finding different plans for things. One being a bench for my dining room table. So while I was in NH for Jimmy's funeral my darling hubby built a bench for us. I hadn't the heart to paint it for awhile, but as I said in my previous post, I have been on a project frenzy. I decided to repaint everything and put new material on the chair cushions.. Well got that done and here you go:



The table and chairs before...

And after!! The two extra chairs fit perfectly at the counter in the background..

New chair covers.. It is actually laminated fabric. How cool is that? Just wipe off the food and spills!

And the bench! Made from five 2x4s. It ended up costing about $20.. The paint I got from Lowes for $5 as it was an "oops" paint. I also used it for my bird picture in my previous post.

Overall I am very happy with how it all turned out. Now on to more projects, this time with old pallets!! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's very cute Amanda. I really like how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleasant post, stay aware of this fascinating work. It truly regards realize that this subject is being secured likewise on this site so cheers for setting aside time to talk about this! free online a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guardians do an astounding web diary, and have some unfathomable substance. Continue doing extraordinary. a course in miracles lesson 22

    ReplyDelete