family pic

family pic

Monday, September 25, 2017

Cruise Alaska (Part 2) Skagway

 Day 4 of our cruise was our first port day. We arrived in Skagway at 7 A.M. We had an excursion booked that day so had to be at the end of the dock by 10:30. This gave us time to get dressed and eat breakfast, plus avoid the first rush of cruisers getting off! Beings this was our longest port of call we thought it would be a good place to do a longer excursion. Neither of us had ever been ziplining and that sounded fun so off we went to zip through the trees over glacier fed waterfalls in ALASKA! We were put in to groups of 6 and had two guides to help us out: Scott and Remy. One would go ahead of us and stop us, hook us up to the tree so we wouldn't fall off! The other would stay behind to help us go. There was about 9 ziplines and 2 suspension bridges. The fastest one we went on I did let out a screech. For some reason I would spin so would kick my feet to try and keep myself facing forward. Remy said I looked like a puppy when you hold them over water and they start kicking like they are swimming. Ack, how awkward... :p After that they taught us how to stear and I had a blast! I didn't do any of the tricks besides the "look ma no hands" one, but Tim did them all. He flipped and went upside down. I just enjoyed flying through the wilderness! After we were done, we drank some water that they got from the glaciely fed waterfall. It was nice and cool.

Unimog that we rode up to the starting point

One of the platforms we zipped to.

Hubby and I!!

On the way back to town the bus stopped at a scenic lookout to take some
pictures. What a beautiful place! I have to say that Skagway is gorgeous!

This has to be one of my favorite pictures from our cruise. So pretty!!

I actually snapped this picture from the bus. See the blueish ice up high? That's one of many glaciers we glimpsed!
When we got back to town we ate lunch at the Skagway Brewing Company. I have to say this was delicious! I got a chicken sandwich that had bacon, a sun dried tomato cream cheese spread, and cilantro pesto. Man, I want another one!!

Seriously, look at this yumminess!!


After we ate, we strolled around town and bought some souvenirs for the kiddos, then we headed back to the ship.

Had to buy some fudge!



Our ship in Skagway

That day was the only day we skipped out on the session and dinner. We just stayed in our room and ordered room service for supper. All in all that was a great day, I think my favorite of the cruise! Hold on for more Alaskan adventures!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!
    I want to go ziplining! It sounds so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it sound so fun 😉 but I don't think I could do the zip line!

    ReplyDelete